Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2012 Really?!?! This means I'm growing up!

Sometimes when I think about my life it seems surreal the things that are going on? People are getting married, having babies, my nephews are in college, heck my 10 YEAR high school reunion is this year! Sometimes it doesn't seem real. I want to freeze time, or at least slow it down a little. I don't want things to change so much, so fast. I feel like things are slipping away somehow. I am learning people walk in and out of your life, sometimes leave you for the better and sometimes (at least try to) leave you for the worse. I sit back and wonder why it still hurts when they leave. Why when you know you are better off that they are gone and it wasn't very fun that there were here, there is still a hole where they used to be? Those are questions I don't have the answer to. I worry what the consequences will be of those broken relationships, will there be MORE broken relationships because that one person decided you were not worth their time? I have to move on because it is out of my control. I didn't decide to walk away. They did. And if others decide to follow suit, that is out of my control as well. I have a wonderful family that loves me and great friends that have my back no matter what and the others don't really matter, even if it hurts.

    Growing up, as hard as it is, comes with some amazing stuff too! This last year has been a tough one for my health as I found out through a few weeks of testing and a few years of feeling lousy that I have a gluten intolerance. It has been a heck of ride, finding out you have a severe food allergy among other severe environmental allergies (I basically found out I was allergic to every tree, bush, grass, weed outside) while it gives you answers for your feeling lousy it doesn't give you many treatment options. And for someone who's job it is to hike around outside the news was not very welcome... its just going to be something I deal with for now. The gluten allergy means I completely change my diet and have to be very careful eating out. With the diet change I feel a lot better and as long as the diet stays clean I stay healthy. I am glad to finally have answers and my family have even embraced some gluten free holiday recipes that are very nummy!





     This year I was very lucky to ring in the new year in Hawaii with my cousin and her family in Hawaii! I stayed here for a month and spent Christmas and New Years here. I have just two days left before I head back to reality. I can't believe its almost over. It has been a wonderful trip and I am so grateful they have opened up their home to me :) I only have to be in reality for a few months though because me and my sissy are going to go on a trip of a lifetime to Greece!!!! We have been saving and talking about this trip for 2 years and it is finally here! Another surreal moment... It probably won't hit me until we are there looking at the sights. We will even get a few hours in Paris! My camera will be working OVERTIME! I can't wait! To hold you over here are some pictures from Hawaii :)

1 comment:

  1. Heather, loved reading your thoughts...good start for your blog! And love looking at your pictures! Enjoy your last hours there in Hawaii, and have a safe trip home. I know Kona will be so excited to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete