I'm not really sure how to start this one or where to go with it. Honestly my mind has been pretty scattered since everything started with Kona a few weeks ago. I've spent the last week in bed sick, with really bad allergies, which I assumed turned into a chest cold. For whatever reason it kicked my butt and zapped ever ounce of energy I have had in my body for the last 8 days. It came at a really horrible time, I have just restarted p90x and got my first week under my belt and then I couldn't do any this week. My asthma was really bad and I just had to listen to my body and rest. It's hard when your mind and your body don't match. You would think after these last 6 months battling with this food allergy crap I would be used to it but it just doesn't get easier. I want to be centered, I want what my head is telling me to match what my body can do. I doing know why my body makes it all so hard. I have a really hard time giving myself grace when it comes to exercise and not doing it. Honestly I'm just SOOOO sick and tired of being SICK and TIRED.
Last month I went to a nutrition class where they showed a movie called Forks over Knives. Its a movie that basically talks about how our diet can relieve alot of our chronic sicknesses in America rather than just going to the doc for meds. I mean think about it, when you get a sore throat do you A. Gargle with salt water like grandma used to tell you to do, or B. Go to your doc for some form of antibiotic? My guess is most of us do B... We are a society of convenience and frankly, being sick, is not convenient. The movie is based on a couple studies but mostly on something called "The China Study". Where they put the western diet against an asian diet. The western diet was filled with diabetes, cancer (all kinds), heart disease, etc. The asian diet (a plant based, whole foods diet) had basically no traces... The statistics were very startling. I've done more research basically trying to find some reason NOT to change cause face it... its going to be hard and very unpopular (especially at work this summer). But like I said I'm sick, I need to get well. And if this will help then I'm all for it! So I have decided, to try, if not completely but hopefully close to 80% vegan (known as flexitarianism). I already do not do dairy because of my food allergies, but going vegetarian will be a huge change, especially at the station. It will be a challenge but hopefully it makes me feel better. We will see. I'll keep everyone updated :)
I'm praying tomorrow to restart p90x after a week off. So hopefully my lungs will allow it. I'm ready to get ready for fire season and feel healthy again! I'm over being sick! It's time for that to change!
No comments:
Post a Comment