Let me first start out by saying that I am not talking about a vague god here, not some being out there that just has us as some pawns in his large game of chess... I'm talking about the one true God. The personal God that I have come to know and love throughout my life through His son Jesus Christ. The God that loves us as his own children the way a father is supposed to love his kids. With all that said we live in a beautiful broken world. Yesterday I was admiring the how spring has taken over our countryside. It is absolutely gorgeous outside. But we don't always treat each other beautifully. I think God has something to say to us about that.
If God was here among us today, standing physically among us and speaking audibly to us (I do believe we have this through the holy spirit) but what would he say. Like if Christ was here present day what would be his message? How would he talk to us. Would I be a Pharisee, would I be one of the people just reaching out trying to grab a piece of His cloak? Honestly in our society of convenience and comfort I don't know what He would ask of us. How uncomfortable He would ask us to get. I'm guessing it would be a lot more uncomfortable then we are.
This last weekend I spent at the Vintage Community Women's retreat and something Beth Moore talked about was getting perspective on other peoples plights. So when you feel ill towards them, for instance the dirty homeless man begging for your hard earned money for beer, or that person in your life that has wronged you so badly that you will never forgive them, when you have perspective into their lives you can have compassion. I mean when a man steps on your foot you can be upset until you realize he is blind right? Perspective
So here is some perspective I've been thinking about lately... Christians stop fighting amongst yourselves, Baptists, Lutheran, Methodist, etc. it doesn't matter if you raise your hands, dance, kneel, bow your head, or stand on your head. He wants your all, your best, your worst, your strengths and most of all, your weaknesses, cause it is in your weaknesses that His power is made perfect... (says so in the bible). Other then loving each other better, we better start loving others better. How can we tell whole groups of people that God hates them?? God doesn't hate ANYONE. There is nothing you can do to make him hate you. Not even if you hate Him. For instance, the AIDS and HIV community is hurting, sick and dying. Lets not keep the most basic of human needs from them, love and acceptance of just being a human being. Same with the homeless community. I know most are worried money will be used for alcohol or drugs but is that really where our heart should be? My worry is that we are not seeing these people as just that. People. I am not writing this stuff from a pedestal. I am writing this from the bottom of the pile. I am the worst offender. I am so comfortable coming home to my two fur kiddos, to my comfy bed, about to start another fire season with a decent income and know I will soon be able to eat and live comfortably. It is a learning process. God does not want to leave us where we are, He wants to grow and stretch us for our own good and it will be GOOD :)
No comments:
Post a Comment