Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, June 24, 2013

Hope. Inspire. Dream.

Hope. Inspire. Dream.

These last two weeks have been some of the hardest of my life so far. At Alisha's memorial someone put it perfectly when they said a big Alisha shaped hole is in our hearts. I hold tight to the memories that I have of girl scouts, school, marching band, sleepovers, girls weekends, getting into mischief. Alisha was full of life, and loved to live it. She didn't hold back. She was constantly pointing people towards Christ, through her joy, testimony, and peace. She inspired people to follow their dreams. And she pushed people to be more then they even knew they could be. I hope that I can give back to those in my life like she gave to me.

I hold tight to the fact that I know exactly where she will spend her eternity, praising Jesus, and I know I will see her again. What I'm sad for, why it hurts so bad, is for the memories we had planned on making like climbing half dome, Yosemite weekends, running my first marathon, Disneyland trips. So I will do those things, find God in the beauty of living life to the fullest, and in the quiet moments.

My challenge for you is that you decide each day to make life better for others. That you make your time count here on earth and that you hold tight to the promises of Christ because He is the one that is worth living life for. He will carry you through the hurt, and give you joy and peace that surpasses all understanding. He has given us each other to carry each other through this time of hurting, confusion, and pain.

I have decided to keep living life to the fullest because that is honoring to my friend. We had talked about training for a marathon this year and she wanted it to benifit something great. I can't think of a more worthy cause in her honor but to raise money for the Lukemia Lymphoma Society to raise money for a cure. So one day no one has to loose their close friends anymore. I have to raise $2,900 for the race. So if you are able please consider donating to my page.

http://pages.teamintraining.org/los/nikesf13/heatherthurston

I am selling silicone bracelets with the motto "Hope. Inspire. Dream." to raise money for my TNT fundraising and Alisha's memorial fund! $10 each and the funds will be split 50/50 between the two. They will be purple for her cancer she battled (Hodgkins Lymphoma). Email me at heather.thurston@gmail.com with your order. You can donate directly to her memorial page here. Her mother is the direct recipient of the funds.

https://sites.google.com/site/alishasmemorialfund/

I will miss you everyday girlie! Until we see each other again...









No comments:

Post a Comment